Friday, February 27, 2009

Life doesn't play fair

I'll say it again...life just isn't fair

The whole group gets the flack for 1 member's doing....
Your classmates end up with better-paying jobs than you do...
Suck-ups get all the attention...
Your colleague buys a better car than yours....

GRRAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

(takes a deep breath) Sigh....

Alhamdulillah....
Let's turn around and examine the positive:
1. I have a brilliant family with the quirkiest siblings and not-so-normal parents who still see my 24 year-old self as being 12 years-old.
2. I am in a great relationship with a great person who can make me feel better no matter how miserable my life seems.
3. I am in great health (although I could be in better health but let's put that aside for now...).
4. I have a great job which I love even in this global economic crisis.

These are the things which I am truly grateful for

P/S: I've always heard that writing down the things you're grateful for is good to help you gain some perspective but until today, I've always thought it was a myth :p

No comments: