Sunday, May 10, 2009

Choices, choices...

It's already MAY??!!

Which means that I have been neglecting this blog for almost 3 months now 0_o.
How time flies...

I'm writing this post from Hospital Sultanah Aminah, where I'm currently doing a 2 week posting in Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM).
Sounds gross I know, but I like it...lots of calculations and not so many gray areas involved. Sad thing is, not many hospitals provide this service. Even hospitals in Mersing send their samples here.

Anyway, I'm jumping ahead of myself..

I have been spending the last 2-3 months thinking of which area of Pharmacy that I'd like to focus my energies on. When I was in the Pharmacy Enforcement Division, I was attracted to the leisurely pace there coupled with the fact that the job involves loads of traveling. Which is ideal for a person with a short attention span like me. The downside of it is that the job does not really involve patient care which I believe is my first love (cewah...).

If I continue with my original plan which is to stick to clinical pharmacy, I will be subject to longer working hours and a punishing working schedule (okla...maybe not punishing but I couldn't come up with a better word in time).

So the issue boils down to this...Is doing what you really love worth all the sacrifice? I'm not sure...

On a totally unrelated note, I'm planning to sell off my Kelisa in October and buy a Satria Neo. Is that considered treachery?

No comments: